The focus of the fourth week of The Goal-Minded Teacher MOOC is Classroom Management! For the first task of Unit 4 participants designed Teacher Survival Kits equipped with tools, resources, materials, and apps to help them keep students focused and learning, especially when lessons don’t go as planned. Teachers need flexibility and to be able to meet challenges head on. These are some of the key tools in our participants’ Teacher Survival Kits:
- In Mirian Graciela’s kit you’ll find flashcards, talking cards, and bingo games about the tenses, vocabulary, and numbers. Discover her other materials here.
- Félix Alcalde´s kit includes tissues, motivating stickers, his handmade pencil carrier, and screen cleaner. Find it here.
- Jean Ause Kerr´s survival kit was created using Thinglink. It includes picture books, a small ball for discussions, snacks, and Post-it notes.
- Shayne Train´s kit was created on Genially! It includes an apron, charging cables, and a first aid kit.
- In Salvador Rodriguez’s teacher survival kit, he includes Usborne activity cards and games, a snack, a big smile, patience, energy, creativity and a passion for teaching!
- Elaine Ricón´s survival kit includes her tea mug, bottled water, and several instruments, which is perfect for a music teacher.
- Wendy Wolf gathered all the information about her kit on a Padlet wall. It includes web tools, such as Tagxedo for creating word clouds and Canva for creating visuals.
- Juan José Fernández´s kit is organized on Padlet. It includes cartons, clay, and humor.
- Coromoto López made her kit with Thinglink. Find it here. It includes her iPad, hand cleaner, snacks, paper clips, and colored chalk.
We also designed digital safety and citizenship resources for parents so they could help their children make more positive choices when navigating the Internet. These are two examples:
- Elaine Ricón used Google sites to design a website for parents with videos and an infographic focusing on Internet safety.
- Jean Ause Kerr used Sway to design an animated presentation for parents filled with Internet safety tips and resources.
Check out more parent digital safety resources we have pinned here!
We look forward to exchanging ideas with you during the #EduGoalsMOOC Twitter chat on Saturday, March 10th at 16:00 pm UTC/ 11:00 am ET/ 10:00 am CT/ 8:00 am PT. Check your time zone here. To learn more about classroom management and engaging parents we have invited guest experts, Dr. Lynell Powell (@DrJoy77), an assistant principal and the host of the Dr. Joy Blog and Radio Show, and Marisa Constantinides (@Marisa_C), co-founder of the award-winning #ELTChat and Director of Studies of CELT Athens, to host the chat.